Saturday, April 18, 2009

So it begins…again.

So, I started working on the B again. I’ve decided to do as much as I can with what I have. So, that means I’m going to finish cleaning up everything, flush the cooling system, probably try and paint the engine and most if it not all of the other parts, etc.

Today I was able to accomplish a lot.

  • Dropped the exhaust
  • Removed Intake and exhaust manifold
  • Removed Radiator
  • Pulled back radiator shroud and oil cooler

I discovered my thermostat has been broken for awhile and there’s a good layer of sludge in my hoses. I’ll have to order a new one and either clean the hoses and flush the system or just order new hoses. Below are some pictures of the engine bay and the offending thermostat.

engine bay - radiator removed

broken thermostat

No comments: