Monday, April 20, 2009

Let the Degreasing begin

So, I put a kiddy pool under the engine block area and began truly degreasing the engine today. I managed to pretty much clean up the engine block and most of the engine bay. I hope to do minor scrubbing of the engine so I can spray on some engine paint and make it look alot better. I plan on using rags/paper towels to cleanup the rest of the engine bay so I can later paint it along with the rest of the car. Hopefully I can maintain a decent level of cleanliness in the engine bay and it’ll stay good.

Here’s my block before I started spraying. I used rags, a screwdriver and a stiff bristle brush to get most of the worst of it off.

DSCN0311 Here’s the other side. I went ahead and removed everything from it today so it looks alot different. I’ll take more pictures tomorrow of what it looks like now.

DSCN0314

I am so proud of this one. I managed to get the front end into a swimming pool. How many people can say that. DSCN0315

No comments: