Saturday, April 25, 2009

Almost ready...

Alright, update.

I've removed the oil pan to clean that, and taped up the engine so I could spray it. I've managed to get 2 coats of paint on the engine and it looks amazingly better than it did. I also dragged the exhaust pieces out into the back yard and sprayed with high temp black paint to prevent further rust on my exhaust pipes and to give them a uniform color. I'm hoping to take the suspension out today and spray that black and the brake calipers silver. I'm still trying to decide if I want to tape of some of the suspension parts and make them silver. It looks good both ways but I'm torn.

Once everything is painted and dry I can begin putting everything back together and try to get her running again. I'll make sure to get some pictures of everything before I bolt them back on and then more once they're installed for the final look. Only problem with all this is that I'm really wanting to paint the rest of the car.


No comments: