Sunday, April 19, 2009

Begin the Degreasing

I started degreasing the engine today. I had these high hopes that I could just wave a brush at it and all the grease fall off.

Ok, fairy tale over. I ended up spraying 2 can of degreaser, 2 cans of carb cleaner, and a can of electrical connection cleaner all over the manifold side of the engine. Plus I used a cup or so of pure engine cleaner stuff I have in squirt bottles. Good news is, I managed to clean a good chunk of that side of the engine of the major gunk. I managed to overflow the shower curtain I had put under the car to catch everything so I've bought a small kiddy-pool to place under the car while I degrease. I also got a pressure washer from my father-in-law that we're going to use to try to get the rest of the engine cleaned off tomorrow.

We plan on taking off the alternator, distributor, etc and pressure washing the engine really good tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I friends i am mad about cleaning and i am a environment lover also so i always looked for a product which should be effective and eco frndly also
so after looking alot i found a products odofree a strong Degreasing and Cleaning agent