Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Front Suspension is On!

Ok, so, to everyone that said you can't get the front suspension on if the front bolts fall through without removing the springs, I proved you wrong. It took almost 2 hours and I had to make a new tool out of skewers but I did it! I got three of the bolts on before the front driver's side one fell through. I ended up taping two skewers together to make a pinching stick to hold the bolt upright while pushing I angled it through the hole.

I would like to point out though, that it's nearly impossible to put the front suspension on without removing the springs, at least in a timely fashion. When I drop it in the future I'm dismantling the entire thing on the car and re-assembling it on the car. Never again in one piece.

Looking good though with the fresh paint on the suspension, engine, brake parts. I'll post pictures tomorrow of my work as I put the oil pan back on and the engine parts on the passenger side.

All I’m waiting for now to get her running again is an Intake/Exhaust Manifold Gasket I have on order. It should be getting in Friday and I can put the exhaust and carbs back on. Then it’s just a bit of tuning and I should be able to take her out for a drive.

No comments: