Saturday, August 14, 2010
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Friday, July 9, 2010
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Friday, June 25, 2010
Saturday, May 15, 2010
So, got a new top finally. The old one was tearing at all the seams for the windows and was just getting ratty. Admittedly I got the “cheap” one through moss, mainly because I’m cheap and because I’m not going for show quality.
I also installed it myself, costing $35 in parts for tools I didn’t have. I think it turned out nice. I meant to take pictures along the way but basically got distracted.
While I had the old top off I removed the frame and cleaned up some of the old glue, painted the entire thing in engine enamel black and rearranged my seatbelts so they’d work a bit better. Below are some pics of the final product. I think there’s a bit of a wrinkle on the corners but I’m hoping it’ll settle a bit and and clear up. Either way, I love it and that’s what matters most.
I also got the parts in to replace my tie rods and the springs to my carburetors. I’m hoping that the springs will help my lean problem and the replacement tie rods will allow me to replace the steering rack boots without worrying about damaging the old boots.