Thursday, April 23, 2009

Front Suspension Off

I gave the engine a good once over and I've come to conclusion that it's grease free. Well, except for the bottom of the oil pan because I can't reach it. At least I couldn't before...

I dropped the front suspension today so I can pressure wash it, paint it up, and to allow better access to the engine and everything. I got some pictures of the suspension after I dropped it, but it looks bad. Oh, and big tip. If you're going to drop the suspension, read the manual. I gave it a quick looksee and then began dropping it. I detached the brake lines from the calipers and then unbolted the crossmember. I forgot to unhook the brake lines from it and it tried wrenching them off the body. Thank god I had a jack underneath to help drop it. Because I'm somewhat lazy and I was dropping the entire thing by myself I ended up having to remove a tire to drag it out from beneath the rest of the car and I managed to scrap a nice square into my garage floor with the steering column post.

Tomorrow though, begins cleaning of the suspension and possibly even a coat of paint on the engine. I need to remove the oil pan though and clean that up.

No comments: