Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Degrease done?

So, I've spent the past couple days doing degreasing here, degreasing there. I think I've finally got all the grease off the engine block. I did a final spray down with oven cleaner, let it soak and then hit it again with the pressure washer for cleaning. I've currently got a box fan blowing on it to ensure it's completely dry. I plan on getting some engine primer and paint and painting the block black. My only debate right now is, should the valve cover be black or metallic? I also plan on pulling the heater out and reattaching the controls for it while taking the time to paint it as well. Hopefully I can get the bare spots in the engine bay cleaned up and primed to keep them rust free until I do a full body paint job.

Drying out after degreasing
Front engine after cleaning
Passenger side after cleaning
Passenger side after cleaning
Look! Silver!

No comments: