Saturday, November 7, 2009

Busy Day

So, I installed a few things today and still have so much left to do. I put in the new fuel sender gasket and retaining ring, new needles to properly match my carbs, I started installing my new seatbelts and I attempted to fix my fuse box.

Turns out the seatbelts I bought are required to be installed vertically and in MG's that's impossible. I managed to break one of my sets before I figured out what was going on. Luckly I accidentally bought 2 sets so I was able to dismantle the second set and rig them so the orientation no longer matters. I had managed to install one of the belts and started installing the second before I learned of this so I need to remove them tomorrow and re-do alot of work. I also tried fixing my brake lights. Turns out that the wiring is perfect, I just have a bad fuse box. I tried removing it and cleaning it up but it's still non-functional. I'm hoping to fix this tomorrow by rebuilding the fuse box.

I also got all the supplies needed to re-panel the doors. Hopefully I can do that tomorrow and install my radio as well. Once I get the doors done with speakers, repair the fuse box, and tune the cars I'll be able to drive the B in the work. Once I have the radio all I'll need to do is replace the heater valve.

No comments: