Friday, June 25, 2010

Clutch Master Cylinder

Yea...the clutch master cylinder. I'm running out of non-engine/tranny parts that I haven't replaced. Especially ones I haven't rebuilt.

I drove the MG to work earlier this week and when I went to leave...the clutch wouldn't disengage. Played with it, fiddled with it, and even pushed it backwards to check for leaks...yup, master clutch cylinder blew a seal. I did rebuild it almost 2 years ago so...it's old and since I put it together without instructions and guessing where parts went, I'm happy it lived this long.

On the plus side, I've been able to park next to myself every day this week. For some reason no one wants to park next to the classic. I got a new cylinder in and I plan on replacing it tomorrow. Hopefully it'll work and it's not the hose that's gone.

No comments: