Monday, July 6, 2009

First Day on the Road

Well, today’s the first day I’ll be driving the B in to work since last year. I adjusted my fast idle, topped off the dashpots, put RainX on the windows, and Armor All’d the top and dash. I’m hoping she’ll actually start this time and not embarrass me like it did last week.

This weekend begins the “Stuff I need that won’t help the car work better” inspection. I’m looking for seals, covers, parts, etc that need to be replaced due to damage or age they don’t actually affect the performance of the car but will help make it look better. Once I get all that stuff done I can see about sending the Distributor in to get it Schlemmerized or even shifting over to an Electronic Distributor. Then it’s just a new wiring harness, and a complete paint job and I may just have a complete new car except for the engine and tranny.

No comments: