Monday, May 4, 2009

Still re-building

Ok, got the radiator shroud and radiator in. Also installed the distributor, alternator, cooling pump, and began installing the oil pan. Turns out the engine has to be lifted or the suspension has to be dropped to install it. Yay. I’m going to remove the motor mounts and push the engine up an inch or two to get the last oil pan bolts in sometime in the next few days.

I also managed to shear off the plug that covers some hole just below the engine on the bell-housing plate. I was told on MGE that it’s for the automatic transmission that doesn’t really exist anymore. One of the guys was nice enough to offer to send me an extra one he has laying around if I paid shipping.

Hopefully I can get the oil pan finished, install the exhaust, and carbs. Then all I have to do is bleed the brakes, put the tires back on, re-lube the car, fill up the coolant and start her up. Can’t wait to drive her again. Hopefully before I have to go back to work Thursday too.

No comments: