Thursday, November 27, 2008

Air/Fuel Mix

I found a post on TheMGExperience explaining how to tune your air/fuel mix with a vacuum gage. Since I've been cheap and haven't bought a colortune or exhaust gas analyzer, I decided to give it a try. I hooked my brake bleeder that has a vacuum gage on it up to the intake manifold and got a wavering 18-19In. This is apparently near perfect so I tried a few adjustments to get the carbs balanced (no unisync either). The end result is that I think I have the carbs tuned in. The engine is still running 1100 rpms so I've got to narrow that down, other than that I think I just need to clean her up. I also realized halfway through the testing that I'd forgotten to check the heater valve. Apparently when it's fully open I think it is...(completely clockwise) that it doesn't leak. I plan on replacing that but until then, it's working.

No comments: