Monday, June 29, 2009

She's Alive!

Ok, so it's been awhile since I posted. Since the last time I've managed to get her running with new points and condenser, had to tighten the heating valve since it was leaking, put the plug in the engine plate (btw, need a new one now), discovered my ground strap had corroded from lack of use, AND finally got her running.

I somehow managed to break my timing light so I had to buy another one yesterday. Then I discovered I was simply plugging it in the wrong fuse holder so I now have two timing lights. I also got a unisyn to balance the carbs. Lastly I tuned everything, got it all running and I'm hoping to back her out of the garage this afternoon when I get home from work.

This weekend's goal is a wash wax. I may take her to a local U-Wash-It so I can spray out the transmission since I couldn't do that while cleaning the engine. I also need to look into new tires since the ones on the car are 10 years old in the front and I believe 2 years old in the back. Yeah, not safe.

No comments: